Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bread

I found some photos on my phone that my wife must have taken off a baking session held last Sunday. I had been to Hobart for work last week and stopped at the Callington Mill in Oatlands to buy some freshly ground whole flour.. Although the people at the mill weren't overly helpful, the Companion Bakery across the road was a totally different experience.

The french baker was extremely helpful and willing to share all he knew about sourdough bread, even showing me their recipe. It was great. Companion is an organic wood-fired sourdough bakery. Central to the bakery's philosophy is the use of organic flour and locally sourced ingredients in their naturally leavened bread. They run full day bread baking classes which i am sure to be enrolling for...

No comments:

Post a Comment